Churchill House School of English
Various locations across the UK
Early July through to late August
Churchill House Activity Managers are responsible for all aspects of a summer camp's leisure programme.
Some specific duties of the role are as follows:
- Organise every facet of the weekly activity programme
- Manage and support activity and teaching staff in all aspects of the activity programme
- Confirm coach requirements and venue bookings with suppliers well in advance of each excursion
- Liaise with the transfer department at Head Office concerning coach and taxi requirements for student arrivals and departures.
- Ensure appropriate standards of staff and student discipline are maintained
- Meet daily with Group Leaders concerning the daily/weekly schedule
- Hold daily (informal) and weekly (formal) meetings with staff
- Create the weekly staff rota
- Assist and stand in for the Centre Manager when required
- Ensure the quality and standards of Churchill House are maintained at all times
- Regularly update the Summer Centres Activities Manager at Head Office of any relevant news
- Ensure that all British Council Guidelines are observed at all times.
This role is truly a hands-on management experience in which staff, contractors, students and agents must be more than satisfied with their experience at Churchill House.
While an Activity Leader’s main focus is the students, an Activity Manager needs to be an individual that can deal with the students, group leaders, activity staff, other managerial staff plus external companies to deal with transport and excursion venues etc.
Previous residential summer school experience as either an Activity Leader or Teacher is an essential requirement. Whilst previous managerial experience is certainly preferred, it is not necessarily a requirement.
We are looking to hire confident, capable staff that can fit into our structured management scheme and deliver the Churchill House experience to all students. To be successful in your application we will need to see evidence of your work ethic, motivation and ideas on how you would improve upon the Churchill House brand.
All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or provide a letter of Good Conduct from their local police.